Other than Netflix or random sites online, Crunchyroll is a perfect place to watch anime. They have their own app and an insane amount of choices, if you haven’t watched anime on Crunchyroll yet, try it out with this link https://www.crunchyroll.com/freetrial?from=topbar.
Without further Ado here is my top ten Slice of Life that you most likely have not watched yet…
10. New Game: I’m going to start off this list with a brand new Anime still in the midst of airing. Coming in at number ten this one is looking like a very cute and fun anime to watch. The Main Character Suzukaze Aobe joins Eagle Jump a game company where she learns new skills and makes new friends. The animations/drawing style is cute and the characters are just freaking adorable. And who doesn’t like a good main character with an abnormal hair color! (Boy I wish purple hair looked as good in real life as in anime.)
? out of 10 Anime “Video Games”
9. Hanamaru Kindergarten: This is about a forbidden love triangle between a young kindergartener, her male teacher, and another beautiful female teacher. Well at least that is the view from 5 year old Anzu who desperately wants to grow up and marry her kind teacher who has a desperate crush on his own co-worker. This carefree show is adorable from the smol characters to hilarious the plot.
6 out of 10 Anime Children
8. Oijsan and Marshmallow: Another love triangle between a woman, a man, and his unwavering love of marshmallows. Wakabayashi is in love with her office worker Hige, unfortunately for her though Hige san has only one thing on his mind; the sweet taste of marshmallows. This anime is short and sweet and each episode last no longer than 7-8 mins. It does seem to end on a cliff hanger though, but hopefully they will make a second season.
7 out of 10 Anime Marshmallows
7. Denki Gai: hilarious 12 episode anime about manga book store employees. These people love where they work and the produces they work with. Its laid back and funny and has a diversity of characters who all seem to be striving towards their different goals. Examples are: one character who is trying to find love, one who is trying to become the next manga artist, and one who is the next manga Guru. There’s lots of comedy which is always a favorite of mine. And once again this is a nice anime to watch when you’re looking for something not to emotional or heart wrenching.
8 out of 10 Anime “Manga Artists”
6. Toradora: Ryuji begins junior high in hopes that he can finally confess to the girl he has been in love with (Minori). Skip to the first day of class and he is on cloud nine when he finds out Minori will be in his class; unfortunately for him though so will Taiga; Minori’s best friend and the person who fought him in the hall for no reason. He and both Taiga end up making a strange friendship that grows deeper than they could ever imagine. Its cute and romantic, and has a sub and dub which is quite uncommon for Crunchy Roll. So this is the one to try out for those who prefer not having to read subtitles.
8 out of 10 Anime Friendships
5. Monthly Girls Nozaki Kun: Chiyo Sakura falls in love with her classmate Nozaki but when she tries to confess he believes she is asking for a job. So now Chiyo has no boyfriend and a new job as a manga drawing assistant. It’s a crazy and painful life she lives… Painful for us to watch on how dumb Nozaki can be. This anime is twelve episodes long and has very funny characters and moments that will make you youtubing up again to make you laugh once more.
9 out of 10 Anime “Almost Kisses”
4. Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto: This is technically set in a school and the main character doesn’t technically have “superpowers”. I have to admit though, Sakamoto is seriously not human. This guy is the One Punch Man of high school. He has perfect class and skills to pay the bills. At the end of every episode someone new falls in love with him. It’s a great show, the art style might be a little hard to get used to though. Beware though, Sakamoto’s strange antics will most likely make you see such beautiful things in everyday life.
9 out of 10 Anime Narrators
3. Mr. Osomatsu: (or Osomatsu san) This is a series of 25 episodes about a group of “NEETS” and “virgins”. The not so big twist is they are also identical sextuplets. Even though they all have the same face, their personalities burst through the anime and you might end up falling in love with these failures. I know I did #KaramatsuGirl4Life. Let me tell you though, at times this is a weird anime. There is only about one serious episode in the whole series (boy is it a tear jerker), but most of the time its a joke.
10 out of 10 Anime NEETS
2. Tanaka-kun is Always Listless: This is a pretty new anime that has just finished airing. Its only 12 episodes long but this has got to be one of my new absolute favorites. This is great to watch when you just want to sit back and relax… Tanaka does a great amount of that himself. The characters are all hilarious and for as lazy as Tanaka is he can bring out just the right amount of sass per episode. Trust me when I say you won’t be able to hate this show, Ohta’s and Tanaka’s friendship gives me LIFE.
10 out of 10 Anime Naps
1. Haikyuu!: Okay yes this is a sports anime, BUT! But!… they are in highschool and that is a slice of life. Okay, so I’m reaching a bit, but trust me when I say if you decide to watch any anime on Crunchy roll or any sports anime for that matter, this one has to be the one. The character list is incredible, the plot is unstoppable, and the intensity makes even a non athlete want to grab a white volleyball and “Fly” like a Crow.
11 out of 10 Anime Spikes!
For all those who enjoyed this post, please make sure to like and comment! I would totally love to hear anyone’s feedback, so if there is any anime I left out or you felt like I shouldn’t have added I want to hear your voice! And if you want to make any requests for the next top ten list or a personal review over a specific anime, just leave a comment!